Whitby & Co (UK) Ltd are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website then you can be assured that we will only use it in accordance with this privacy statement.
Whitby & Co (UK) Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We may collect the following information:-
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys / offers
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons;
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided. We will always provide an “opt out” option should you decide that you do not wish to receive these emails.
- We may, from time to time, contact you by email, telephone, fax or mail for market research purposes.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure
- Any information you provide us will be protected at all times
A cookie, also known as HTTP cookie, web cookie or browser cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Controlling your personal information:-
You may choose to restrict the collection and use of your personal information in the following ways;
- If you do not want us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, please let us know by writing to us or by emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting
- You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Whitby & Co (UK) Ltd, Aynam Mills, Canal Head North, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 7BY
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us at the above address or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will correct any information that is found to be incorrect.